YOUTH OUTREACH SERVICES
The Youth Outreach Consultant works to re-engage students at risk of dropping out by providing direct support to schools, students and families at critical points in their schooling. School teams identify those students who are not attending school on a regular basis and for whom alternative strategies need to be explored.
Youth Outreach Services can include:
- Working with the student and family to develop and implement a plan to re-engage the student in school.
- Collaborating with the school team to explore alternative strategies.
- Acting as a liaison between the student, family and school team.
- Facilitating successful transitions from one school or program, to another
- Collaborating with community partners to provide additional support services to students and their families, as required.
The Youth Outreach Consultant also works in close collaboration with the Adult Education Transition Consultant in order to ensure a successful transition for students from the Youth to Adult sector.